the price of a popcorn and soda at target: $1.99
the price of a popcorn and soda at the movies: an entire month’s rent and your first born child
aw wait before you answer all 40 can you at least do #13??? doing all of them takes all the fun of requesting away :(
yeah!! I can do number 13 right now real quick!!
13) What is the best piece of writing advice you’ve ever gotten?
The best thing someone has said to me is “‘Said’ is not dead, but don’t over-use it.” because when you use “said,” your eyes just kinda scan over it and it sounds natural. However, continually using “said” adds no enthusiasm or life to the story, and that just makes it boring.
So instead, using words like “whispered” or “screeched” or even “stated” gives characters personality and adds life to your story.
But overusing them doesn’t sound right when you read it. For example,
"Matthew!" Jessica exclaimed.
Matthew turned. “Oh,” he grinned. “How are you Jessica?”
"I’m doing great!" she huffed. "Just ran all the way across campus!"
"Wow, that must have taken a long time." Matthew nodded.
see? all those verbs just sound blotchy and annoying, where as with said it would be a different story.
But yeah Im rambling thats the best piece of advice I have so—
I feel like being an ass today. Answer all 40.
goodness woman idk i guess i’ll try to do them… but probably not in one sitting… might just space them out a bit
- Describe your comfort zone—a typical you-fic.
- Is there a trope you’ve yet to try your hand at, but really want to?
- Is there a trope you wouldn’t touch with a ten foot pole?
- How many fic ideas are you nurturing right now? Care to share one of them?
- Share one of your strengths.
- Share one of your weaknesses.
- Share a snippet from one of your favorite pieces of prose you’ve written and explain why you’re proud of it.
- Share a snippet from one of your favorite dialogue scenes you’ve written and explain why you’re proud of it.
- Which fic has been the hardest to write?
- Which fic has been the easiest to write?
- Is writing your passion or just a fun hobby?
- Is there an episode above all others that inspires you just a little bit more?
- What’s the best writing advice you’ve ever come across?
- What’s the worst writing advice you’ve ever come across?
- If you could choose one of your fics to be filmed, which would you choose?
- If you only could write one pairing for the rest of your life, which pairing would it be?
- Do you write your story from start to finish, or do you write the scenes out of order?
- Do you use any tools, like worksheets or outlines?
- Stephen King once said that his muse is a man who lives in the basement. Do you have a muse?
- Describe your perfect writing conditions.
- How many times do you usually revise your fic/chapter before posting?
- Choose a passage from one of your earlier fics and edit it into your current writing style. (Person sending the ask is free to make suggestions).
- If you were to revise one of your older fics from start to finish, which would it be and why?
- Have you ever deleted one of your published fics?
- What do you look for in a beta?
- Do you beta yourself? If so, what kind of beta are you?
- How do you feel about collaborations?
- Share three of your favorite fic writers and why you like them so much.
- If you could write the sequel (or prequel) to any fic out there not written by yourself, which would you choose?
- Do you accept prompts?
- Do you take liberties with canon or are you very strict about your fic being canon compliant?
- How do you feel about smut?
- How do you feel about crack?
- What are your thoughts on non-con and dub-con?
- Would you ever kill off a canon character?
- Which is your favorite site to post fic?
- Talk about your current wips.
- Talk about a review that made your day.
- Do you ever get rude reviews and how do you deal with them?
- Write an alternative ending to [insert fic title] (or just the summary of one).
If I’ve ever called you
- wow what a dweeb
- dweebasaurus rex
- meme squad
- gay as heckie
- fuckin weeb
its a clear sign that there’s a place deep in my heart for u
i honestly can’t even hear the words “tri-state area” without thinking of phineas & ferb
hey so i see you do writing requests... what do you do them for? like what fandoms? cause i may want one in the future :3
Thank you for asking!
I just write for fun, as a confidence booster and to make other people happy! It kinda started after that 3 sentence fic challenge that went really well.
let’s see… i’ll do a lot of fandoms, but most of them I’ve never written for, so bear with me here:
and some other things i cant remember at the moment… but i’ll think of them! Thank you for asking, Anon!! Come by my inbox any time!!!!
(ps in case you guys want to see this again, I’ll put it under my “megans art” tag!!)
Fact: Pansexuals are assigned one power exclusive only to them at birth. However, the more pansexuals are born, the more unique their powers get. It is rumoured that pansexual rapper Angel Haze, for instance, was given the power to rap exceptionally well, while Pete the Pansexual, who lives down the road, is just a really good parallel parker.